Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Kneebone Boy

Week 6: The Kneebone Boy by Ellen Potter

I'm a week behind, so I am posting back-to-back reviews today. Now I think I will be caught up.

My husband grabbed this book last time we were at the library, and read it pretty quickly. I like to read what he reads, and I noticed this book was by Ellen Potter, who wrote the first book I reviewed this year, SLOB. I liked SLOB and I liked this one. I'm going to give it three stars. It's kind of interesting how it is written, reminds me a lot of how she wrote SLOB, also of When You Reach Me, with a little Lemony Snicket worked in.

This style of writing is almost like a new trend in Juvenile Fiction, they are tantalizing, mysterious, page-turners that demand to be read in one sitting, because you just can't put them down! Because of the mystery element, you also can't review them properly, because anything and everything divulged would completely ruin the reading experience. All I can say is read them and enjoy!

Just remember, everything is not as it seems (cue theme music from The Twilight Zone).

No comments:

Post a Comment